Max. Altitude4630 m
Type of ToursTrekking
Description: It is an alternative to the famous 4-day Inca Trail, as well as Lares trek, Inca Jungle and Huchuy Qosqo, which are also traveled along the original Inca trail. Salkantay trek, nowadays it is very famous and crowded by many tourists from different countries of the world, because it offers you much more spectacular views in different altitudinal floors: small and colorful lagoons, impressive glaciers Salkantay and Humantay, small rivers that are born of the same snow Salkantay and subtropical zones of abundant flora and fauna.
To start this great adventure of Salkantay trek, we will pick you up from the hotel at 4:30 a.m. Then we will travel in our mobility 2 hours to the town of Mollepata where we will have our light breakfast, after breakfast we will continue with our trip to the community of Cruzpata where the cook, muleteers and animals will be waiting for us to bring our camping equipment. We will walk 2 hours and a half to the community of Soraypampa, place where we will spend the first night of the expedition and from this area it is already possible to appreciate the spectacular landscape of the snowy Humantay and Salkantay. After lunch we will make a short hike to the Humantay Lagoon (1 hour and 30 minutes uphill) which is in the circuit of Salkantay trek and today is one of the very famous attractions in Cusco.
A las 6 am tomaremos nuestro desayuno, después empezaremos a caminar cerro arriba hasta llegar al punto más elevado de nuestra expedición abra Salkantay trek, justo de donde tendremos las impresionantes vistas de los glaciares de la cordillera Vilcabamba, también desde aquí ya se puede aprecia la selva alta amazónica lleno de flora y fauna de este piso ecológico. Desde aquí empezaremos con el descenso hacia Wayracpunku donde tendremos pequeño descanso para almorzar.
Luego, Nuestro viaje continuara entrando hacia la selva alta, donde observaremos la vegetación típica de bosque tropical lleno de diferentes tipos de árboles y finalmente llegaremos a nuestro siguiente campamento Chaullay.
After our succulent breakfast (6 am), we will begin our trek down to the high jungle. Here we will have the chance to see different types of wild vegetation such as orchids, begonias, brómelas, wood trees and also domestic plantations coffee, bananas, orange and more. This part of our walk is one of the best sections. After 5 hours of long walk we will arrive at the small town of Playa, where we will have a little rest (lunch), later we will continue with our walk towards the town of Santa Teresa place of our next night of camping. In this town we will have enough time to explore and go to Cocalmayo medicinal thermal waters, excellent place to relax after an arduous walk and at night we will campfire with all the members of the expedition.
The sunrise will be in a tropical area full of history and nature, there our breakfast will be waiting for us ready to taste and then we will continue our trip towards Machu Picchu town. To arrive to Machu Picchu town, it will take us an approximate time of 7 hours, traveling by rail, passing by the hydroelectric power station, making stops in different places to appreciate the spectacular landscape and from our tour we will be able to see at the top of the mountain the Great Inca city of Machu Picchu. We will spend the night in a hotel in Machu Picchu Pueblo
We will get up at approximately 4:30 am and then we will begin to climb the Inca city of Machupicchu. It will take us approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, following an ascending road crossing the lush tropical jungle and we will have the opportunity to see the sunrise in the Inca city. Our guided tour will last 2 hours touring through the most important points of this wonder. Then, we will have free time to explore more on our own or to climb the mountains Huaynapicchu, Machupicchu, Inti Punku or Inca bridge. After all, we will begin to descend to the town of Aguas Calientes to head to the train station that will take us back to Ollantaytambo and there outside the train station our staff will be waiting for you to take you to the city of Cusco – hotel. End of the Salkantay trek and our service.
- Previous informative talk with the Guide, one night before the walk.
- Cusco – Mollepata (Pata Cross)
- Professional guide, chef and assistant
- Food: 4 lunches, 4 dinners, 4 breakfasts (vegetarian optional)
- Large dining and kitchen tent
- Chairs and dining table
- 1 tent for 2 people plus mats
- First aid kit and an oxygen balloon
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- One night at a hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Train Machupicchu town (Aguas Calientes) to Ollantaytambo 1 hour and a half and
- Bus Ollantaytambo to Cusco 1 hour and a half
Does not include
- Bus from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bags (we can rent you)
- Entrance to the Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountains
- Travel insurance: it is strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip
- Personal stuff
- Additional horses
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Tips (optional)
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants Huayna Picchu /
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail.
- We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets. Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.