Max. Altitude4630 m
Type of ToursTrekking
Description: This is an alternative route to the classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, which will take you through incredible landscapes and natural beauty with flora and fauna of the region. The hike will include crossing valleys and mountains before arriving at the “Lost City of the Incas”, Machu Picchu. Connecting the city of Mollepata, Cusco with Machu Picchu, the Salkantay Trek is an ancient and remote trail located in the same region as the Inca Trail where huge snow-capped mountains collide with lush rainforests.
Pick up from 04.30 AM from their respective hotels, we leave Cusco at 05.00 AM passing through the towns of Izcuchaca and Limatambo arriving at Mollepata where we will be approximately at 08:00 am, where we will have our breakfast. We board the bus from Mollepata to Marqoquasa again for 45 minutes, then we will start the hike to the viewpoint where we will be able to appreciate the Humantay snowcapped and Inca gutters, then we will continue for the time of 03.30 hours to lunch point and Soraypampa camp.
At 05:00 am we will have breakfast and then continue with our walk at 06.30 am, making a gradual ascent of 04 hours to the point of Salkantay pass located at 4650m.snm in this way we can go through 02 important points of history (Salkantay – pampa and soyroq’ocha) in the pass we will make a small offering with coca leaves to our pachamama and the apu Salkantay, and we will talk about history and religion of the Incas. We make the descent of 02.30 minutes to the lunch point Huayrac-pampa where we will be 01.30 minutes tasting lunch, we continue the walk from 4100m.snm to 2900m.snm for the time of 03.30 minutes all this way in the jungle edge arriving at Camp named Chaullay where we will have our tea and dinner
We will take our breakfast at 06.00 am, then we will walk for the time 05.30 hours all through our jungle brow with ascents and descent plains, in this journey we will appreciate coffee plantations, orchids, bees, bromeliads and many natural plants used for natural medicine , arriving at our lunch point Sahuayaca Beach where we will have lunch, then we will take a hydro-electric transport and then walk for 3 hours to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a hostel and have the last dinner in a restaurant.We will take our breakfast at 06.00 am, then we will walk for the time 05.30 hours all through our jungle brow with ascents and descent plains, in this journey we will appreciate coffee plantations, orchids, bees, bromeliads and many natural plants used for natural medicine , arriving at our lunch point Sahuayaca Beach where we will have lunch, then we will take a hydro-electric transport and then walk for 3 hours to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a hostel and have the last dinner in a restaurant.
In the early morning around 4.30 in the morning we will ascend towards the majestic Inca city of Machupicchu where we will visit accompanied by our guide an approximate of 2 hours, and the rest of the free day in which you can visit Huayna Picchu, Inti Punku, temple of The moon or just visit once again the whole citadel, we return in the afternoon to the town of Machupicchu town depending on the schedule of our return train which we will make known once you book your trip with our company.
- Transportation from Cusco to Mollepata
- Tickets to Machupicchu
- Bilingual professional guide
- Food (3 breakfast, 3 lunch, 3 dinner)
- Bus tickets Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes (round trip)
- 1 night hotel Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes- Ollantaytambo Train Tickets 1 night hotel in Aguas Calientes
Does not include
- Lunch on the last day
- Breakfast on the first day
- Hot water on the tour
- Sleeping bag
- Entrance tickets to Mountain Huaynapicchu or Mountain Machupicchu
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants Huayna Picchu /
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail.
- We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets. Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.