Max. Altitude3030 m
Type of ToursTrekking
Description: The archeological monument of Choquequirao considered as the second Machu Picchu, also known as the lost Inca city, is located on the slopes of the Salkantay mountain about 3030m, on the left side of the Apurímac river. In the time of the Incas, it was a communication route with Machu Picchu through a complex network of trails. The fantastic nature, with valleys, snow-capped mountains and a great variety of plants, coffee and banana plantations, bird, can sometimes be seen Condors on the road and animals will make this trek something you will never forget.
At 5 am we pick you up from your hotel in Cusco and travel by private transport which will take us to the city of San Pedro de Cachora (2800m), trip of approximately 3 hours, where we will have a free time to have breakfast. Here we meet the rest of our travel team (cooks, horsemen and their horses). We begin our walk that will take us between 6 to 7 hours. Finally we arrive at El Mirador Capulichayoc, from where we can observe the deepest canyon in the world that is known as the Apurímac and where the majestic Apurímac River flows. It is here where we will have our first lunch and from where it is possible to observe the first views of Choquequirao. After lunch we descend for an average of 3 hours to CHIKISKA (1800m), where our camp will be established, we will spend the night surrounded by a majestic landscape near the Apurímac canyon.
After a good breakfast, we will start our trek uphill for 4 to 5 hours to our lunch point and camp Marampata (2950 masl), from this place we will have a very beautiful view of the canyon and the Apurímac River, after lunch we will have our visit Full tour to Chokequirao “Cuna de Oro” which is also considered as a sister city of Machu Picchu, as there are several similarities. Choquequirao hangs 1500 meters above the Apurimac Canyon. Machupicchu hangs over the Urubamba canyon. They are in the same latitude and is considered as one of the main cities of the Inca era, Choquequirao with more than 8 hectares, where only a third has been discovered and where every day archaeologists find something more interesting. We will observe the three levels of the ruins found, where we can appreciate the urban sector, agricultural terraces and the religious sector of this Inca City. We will also have great options to appreciate the flight of the Condor, after the visit of Choquequirao we will return to our camp to have tea time and a delicious dinner.
At dawn after a good breakfast we will begin to descend the same way we climbed, until we reach our camp in Chiquisca. We will have lunch halfway in Rosalina Beach, after lunch we will start to go up to our camp in Chikisca.
This day we wake up very early 6 am, we will have breakfast accompanied by the first rays of the sun that rises over the Apurímac canyon. After breakfast we start our hike to Cachora, which will be between 5 and 7 hours, everything will depend on your physical condition, we will have lunch halfway in Capulichayoq. Upon arrival in Cachora we will take our private transportation that will take us back to Cusco. The tour ends with the transfer to their respective hotels.
- Entrance tickets to the Archaeological Complex
- Bilingual professional guide
- Private transfer Cusco – Cachora – Cusco
- Food (4 breakfast, 4 lunch, 3 dinner) Chef and kitchen equipment
- Arriero and horses Tents (matras, chairs)
- First aid kit
Does not include
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking sticks
- Last day dinner
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants Huayna Picchu /
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail.
- We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets. Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.