Max. Altitude4150 m
Type of ToursTrekking
Description: This magnificent and strategic Archaeological Complex called Huchuy Qosco or “Little Cusco”. It was known in the Inca era with the name of Caquia Xaquixahuana and according to the chroniclers it was inhabited by the Inca Wiracocha until his death. From Huchuy Qosco you have a spectacular view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the mountains of the Urubamba Mountain Range. This beautiful and short circuit is located very close to the city of Cusco gives us the possibility of observing tourist attractions, Andean landscapes, flora and fauna typical of the area.
We will pick you up at 5:00 a.m. from your hotel to drive for 20 minutes to the place where we will have breakfast with a view of the Sacred Valley. We will begin our hike near Siwa (3750m). It will take two hours to reach the highest point, the Inka Yupanqui Pass (4050m). On the way there are excellent views of snowy peaks, farmland and the possibility of witnessing hawks in their natural habitat. From the pass, it only takes fifteen minutes downhill to reach the Puma Punko canyon (Puerta del Puma). Then, there are only ninety minutes left until we reach Huchuy Qosqo, which was once the Palace of the King Wiraccocha. You will receive a guided tour and then a picnic lunch on this site. Then, we will complete the last section of the trail, 1.5 hours downhill towards Lamay, where we will take a private transport to Ollantaytambo. Here we will visit the city and have dinner.
After a very early breakfast, we will take one of the first buses to Machupicchu to enjoy the sunrise. Afterwards, you will get two hours of walking tour with your guide with enough time to explore on your own. Now you can go to Huayna Picchu if you book a ticket in advance. Then we will take the bus back to the city for lunch and we will take a train in the afternoon (2:55 p.m., 4:45 p.m. or 6:45 p.m.) depending on the availability of the train. From the train station we will transfer you back to your hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance to Huchuy Qosqo
- Picnic meals
- Train tickets
- 1 night hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Tickets to Machupicchu
- Bilingual professional guide
- Bus ticket Aguas Calientes- Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
Does not include
- Lunch on the last day
- Entrance tickets to Mountain Huaynapicchu or Mountain Machupicchu
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants Huayna Picchu /
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail.
- We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets. Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.