Max. Altitude4910 m
Type of ToursTrekking
Description: It is considered the deepest canyon in the world with more than 1 km that separates the soil of the canyon from the edge of the cliffs. It has picturesque pre-Inca terraces, impressive landscapes and friendly villages with traditionally dressed people. One of the highlights of a trip to the Colca is the opportunity to see the powerful Andean Condor that rises above the Canyon. Considering the good weather and an early start it is very likely that you will see magnificent birds in action!
We leave Arequipa around 04:00 a.m., to get to Chivay around 07:00 a.m. This early start is necessary to give us the best opportunity to see the Condors. Later in the morning we will have a continental breakfast in Chivay before leaving by bus for the “Cruz del Condor”. At this point of observation you can enjoy breathtaking views of the Colca Canyon and we hope to see the impressive Andean Condors flying above the void. After the delight with the Condors, we descend into the Canyon to visit a couple of beautiful villages along the way. We will have lunch in the village of Tapay, where we also relax in the afternoon, have dinner and spend the night.
Early breakfast and departure from Tapay at 6 am; this morning we go to a beautiful Oasis in the valley: on the way we will visit the villages of Cosñihua and Malata and learn a little about the flora and fauna of this unique natural area. In the Oasis we had lunch, we bathed in the pool, we had dinner and we spent the night.
Breakfast even earlier at sunrise at 4 am, we climb to the village of Cabanaconde and return to our starting point from there by the same road. We had lunch in Chivay before starting our trip back to Arequipa. We stopped on the road in a point of view of the Andes, the highest point of the region at 4,910 meters, before reaching Arequipa around 5:00 pm.
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants Huayna Picchu /
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail.
- We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets. Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.