Max. Altitude4316 m
Type of ToursAventura
Description: The Machu Picchu tour by car is born as an alternate route due to train limitations, which lead to the town of Aguas Calientes. If you choose, take this Machu Picchu tour by car, you will have a beautiful panorama full of landscapes, mountains and snowy as: Chicon, Salkantay and Veronica, landscapes that shows our Peruvian Andean highlands, with asphalt roads and very friendly people. Remember that during this trip you will also be contributing to the development of different communities that exist throughout the trip.
Type of tour: 2 day trip by car
Start / end time: pick-up is at 07:00 AM – 07:30 AM from the lobby of your hotel and you must return at 09:30 PM (second day)
Consideration: remember to bring comfortable shoes for the walk.
Highlights: Guided tour in Machu Picchu (second day).
We pick you up from your hotel between 07:00 AM – 7:30 AM in our private mobility and then travel to the Sacred Valley (Urubamba) and later to Ollantaytambo, after a short break in this small town we will continue our journey of pure ascent until the abra Málaga, located at 4400 masl, where we probably have a short stop to appreciate the snow-capped mountains of Veronica and Salkantay, from this point we will begin the descent through the high Andean jungle to Santa Maria and then through the Urubamba River valley until arrive to Santa Teresa, and later to hydroelectric, from this point we will begin our walk by a flat path (train rails) to Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu town, we will walk for an average of 2 hours (approximately 12 km) and in the distance we will have a View of Huayna Picchu and some constructions of the Inca city of Machu Picchu.
The second day will be the most important of our trip, since we will have the opportunity to get to know one of the 7 wonders of the world (Machu Picchu), and to do it there are 2 ways to get to this.
The first is through a shortcut, this walk takes about 1 hour with 30 minutes of pure ascent.
The second is by tourist bus, this short trip lasts 30 minutes.
People who wish to walk up this shortcut, should start the climb at 4:30 am to reach the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu very early (06:00 AM approximately) and appreciate the sunrise.
For those who prefer to take the bus, remember to take the first bus (5:30 AM) to arrive early at Machu Picchu and appreciate the sunrise, once inside Machu Picchu we will visit the most important points such as: urban sector, religious sector, agricultural sector among other places, this guided tour will be in a group and will last approximately 2 hours, at the end of the tour you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own, later we will return to the hydroelectric the same way as we did on the way. (Being on time at hydroelectric 2:30 pm) there is the possibility of returning by hot water train to hydroelectric power station (only 1:00 pm plus additional cost) in hydroelectric; our mobility will be waiting for you to return to the city of Cusco, arriving around from 9:30 p.m.
For the pick-up, you must book your hotel in the historic center, since most of the air bnb do not have an easy-to-locate name or address and many of them are located far from the city, otherwise we can coordinate the point of meeting.
Remember that there is the possibility of returning by train to the city of Cusco, ask us about this option.
- Tourist transport Cusco – Hydroelectric – Cusco.
- One night hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Professional guide in Machu Picchu.
- 01 Breakfast
- 01 Lunch
- 01 Dinner
Does not include
- Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain ($ 20 each, ask for availability)
- Aguas Calientes Train – Hydroelectric.
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes ($ 12 each trip)
- Water and snack
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants Huayna Picchu /
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail.
- We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets. Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.