Max. Altitude190 m
Type of ToursEcológico
Description: Experience Puerto Maldonado as an adventurer, take time to explore its beautiful jungle and know its exquisite biodiversity. You will have the opportunity to experience the magic of our Amazon rainforest that is within the Tambopata National Reserve (278,000 hectares protected), appreciate the beauty of Sandoval Lake and sail its waters in a rowing boat and discover your extreme side doing Canopy a height of 30 meters, from where you can enjoy the beautiful panoramic view of the dense tropical jungle.
We will arrive in Puerto Maldonado, the biodiversity capital of Peru. After picking up at the airport, our trip starts with a tour of the city by bus.
We will continue to Capitanía, a small river port, where we will board a motorized boat to cross the Madre de Dios River. As we advance in the trip, we will immerse ourselves in the natural environment of the jungle while we observe ronsocos, caimans, turtles, herons, cormorants and other animal species.
We will arrive at Ecoamazonia Lodge and enjoy an exquisite welcome drink. Then, we will settle into our bungalows and have lunch.
In the afternoon, accompanied by our specialized guide, we will visit the Isla de los Monos, a unique place in the heart of the Madre de Dios River, just 5 minutes from the hostel. Along the way, we can appreciate extraordinary landscapes and exuberant flora that are home to a variety of monkey species. These species of monkeys include maquisapas, capuchins, puffins and preserves, along with other species of animals such as the coati, the sloth, and a great diversity of birds. We will end our visit to the island while enjoying the sunset – the most impressive moment of any day in the jungle. Then, we will return to the lodge to end the day with a nice dinner.
After breakfast, we will begin an adventure through the virgin forest, accompanied by our local guide while we explore the jungle and reach the Lost Cocha. La Cocha Perdida is an ecosystem of refuge and feeding for a huge diversity of animals. There, we will have the opportunity to observe otters, caimans, turtles, sachavacas, birds of all colors, the majestic jaguar and a variety of fish. This unique area, since it belongs to the Ecoamazonía Reserve, remains intact, with large marshes and natural springs. We will climb an extraordinary viewpoint from where we will observe the magical jungle, followed by a pleasant canoe ride around the lake. We will return to the lodge for lunch and in the afternoon, we offer an optional visit to the botanical gardens. If you prefer to relax, you can enjoy the Amazonian pool and dinner.
After breakfast, we will start another excursion through the magical jungle, navigating the Madre de Dios River and then starting our way to the Gamitana River, which springs from the heart of the virgin forest. Its impressive curves form long canals that we will navigate by boat observing up close animals such as turtles, alligators, birds and a great variety of insects. We can also fish and take a quick dip in the river. We will return to the lodge and end the day with a nice dinner.
Breakfast and transfer to Puerto Maldonado airport.
- Transfers: Airport – Lodge – Airport
- Complete meals Accommodation in traditional
- Excursions with specialized guides.
Does not include
- Flights Cusco – Puerto Maldonado – Cusco.
- Breakfast on the first day
- lunch and dinner on day 2
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants Huayna Picchu /
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail.
- We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets. Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.