Max. Altitude4000 m
Type of ToursEcológico
Description: It is the heart of the Biosphere Reserve, it is one of the most important protected areas in the South American tropics located in the eastern Franc of the Andean mountains. The National Park of the Manu protects a sequence of intact natural landscape that descends of the 4.200 mt. Towards the extensive rainforest in the Amazon area. The Manu is the refuge of many species of animals in danger of extinction, which includes the jaguar, black caiman, giant otter, harpy eagle, etc. The Reserve of Manu today considered the only home on earth with a great biodiversity of flora and fauna. The Manu hosts an average of 860 species of birds that includes 7 species of colorful parrots, 84 species of mammals that include 13 species of monkeys and thousands of species of insects and plants.
We leave Cusco early by bus and travel through Andean mountains, beautiful landscapes, rural folk communities such as Paucartambo and Ninamaraca (chullpas or funerary tombs) that belong to the pre-Inca Lupaca culture. Then we climb the last mountain to reach Acjanaco, entrance to the manu national park, from where we will descend to the lush cloud forest, which is home to a great variety of flora and fauna. Being an ideal place of epiphytes, orchids, bromeliad, etc. To then walk inside the cloud forest and appreciate the National Bird of Peru. The colorful Cock of the Rocks in their ritual mating dance, as well as toucans, trogons, quetzals, monkeys and hopefully the spectacled bear of South America (Tremantus ornatos), continuing our journey to the Kcosñipata valley to spend the night.
We get up early in the morning under the chorus of birds, to start our hike in the Amazon high forest and visit agricultural plantations of coca, pineapple, yucca and other original products of the place. Arriving at the port of Atalaya to embark on our motor boat and sail for 5 hours through the turbulent waters of the Alto Madre de Dios river, towards Boca Manu, taking interesting breaks to visit native communities such as Diamante (group Yine or Piro) , continuing our expedition we arrive to the town of Boca Manu and shelter.
Very early in the morning we start our expedition through the calm waters of the Manu River, to visit the Limon Control post where we will register and enter the Tourist Zone of the Manu Reserved Zone. In the course of the trip we will carefully find white caimans and immense black caimans, hundreds of turtles and the largest rodent in the world, capibara; at the same time parrots, colorful macaws and with luck the impressive jaguar; We arrived at the Shelter. Immediately explore the lush forest of mainland or primary forest.
It is the most moving place for the sighting of flora and fauna of the Amazon. Then we will travel through the virgin forest in the direction of the most famous lake of Manu, Salvador Lake or Cocha Salvador, to go on a catamaran to find a great variety of birds, monkeys, black alligators and hopefully the river wolf or giant otter (Pteronura Brasiliensis). Species in danger of extinction are seen in their biggest time of the day swimming, fishing, eating and playing among them. After a great typical lunch of the area, we sail for a short time by the Manu river and walk 4 hours more, through the forest towards the second most important lake of Manu called Otorongo and we are located in the observation tower of 25 meters high to see the giant emerging cedar trees, mahogany ceibas and the famous rubber or rubber trees. This being the home of many mammals that are occasionally found as Capuchin monkeys, spider monkeys and wild pigs or sinners; At night we can explore the forest using our good lanterns or lamps where we will find a variety of insects, frogs, frogs, or we will see the lake in search of some nocturnal creature like the colorful eyes of alligators, etc. Return overnight.
Este día descenderemos lentamente las corrientes del impresionante río Manu, para detenernos en Boca Manu y disfrutar de algunas bebidas frías o heladas para continuar nuestra travesía contra la corriente del río alto Madre de Dios por espacio de 3 horas, dándonos la mayor oportunidad de ver algunas aves migratorias como Osprey, gavilanes, jabirú, espátula rosada, etc. Y al caer la noche acamparemos en una apropiada playa del río Madre de Dios.
Again in the morning after a delicious breakfast we return in our comfortable boat, trying to fish and enjoying the magnificent views of the Andes, as the hot springs where we can enjoy lunch. Arrival at the port of Atalaya, where our bus will be waiting to drive us to Pilcopata. Overnight last night.
Very early on the bus back, again appreciate the famous cock of the rocks in San Pedro, where breakfast and continue our return to the ancient capital of the Incas; Cusco and arrival at 4:00 p.m. As a tourist agency we offer one of the excellent expeditions in the Manu, with the best services and lodges for nature lovers.
- Professional guide (English and Spanish).
- Entrance to the platform of the roosters of the rocks.
- Transport by bus and private boat with safety equipment.
- Shelters and camping tents with complete equipment for the overnight stays.
- First aid kit.
- Mineral water.
- Complete feeding (vegetarian B.L.D, prepared by our professional chefs).
- Long rubber boots and rain ponchos.
- Books of flora and fauna of the Amazon and the list of animals and plants.
Does not include
- Right of entry to the Reserved Zone of Manu
- Entrance to hot springs
- Drinks and extra expenses
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants Huayna Picchu /
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail.
- We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets. Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.