Max. Altitude4000 m
Type of ToursEcológico
Description: The cultural zone of Manu is one of the three zones of the Manu National Park that covers the high mountains, mesophilic mountain forest and the low jungle. In this area there are small towns, settlers and native communities that work in productive activities such as agriculture and small-scale wood, since these activities are controlled by the Ministry of Agriculture and authorities of the Manu National Park (SERNANP). The Cultural Zone of Manu has a cloud forest that is currently one of the areas of the world where wildlife still lives in abundance in its natural habitat where there are 8,000 species of plants, more than 400 species of birds and 10 species of mammals have been identified in the cloud forest of Manu.
We leave early at 5:30 am, on a 10-hour trip with guided stops from Cusco, ascending to the highest point with a height of 4000 m.s. On the way, we made stops along the road, such as the Chullpas de Ninamarca, Pre-Inka cemetery. Then we will descend to the Andean valleys to the town of Paucartambo, a place with a lot of history known as Folkloric capital of Peru, at 2950 meters above sea level. After visiting this beautiful town we headed towards Acjanaco at 3560 masl, this is the point of entry to the Manu National Park (UNESCO) from this place we proceed to descend to the Cloud Forest, where we will take some walks to observe a number of Orchids, Birds like Quetzals, Toucans and Multicolored Tanagers. In San Pedro strategic site to observe the National Bird of Peru the “Cock of the Rocks” for which we will visit the LEK where these colorful birds perform a ritual of mating with jumps and funny songs. With some luck we will appreciate the first species of mammals like Monkeys and the Bear of spectacles. We continue the trip to our lodge “Bambu Lodge”.
Early in the morning, after a delicious breakfast we continue the trip with our bus to the town of Atalaya. During the tour we will observe flora and fauna of the area, in Atalaya we will board our motorized boat and sail in the Alto Madre de Dios river for 30 minutes approximately to the lodge “Soga de Oro Lodge”. In our lodge we make hikes in a circuit of trails in search of animals such as monkeys, birds and peccaries. After lunch we will visit a small lake called “Machuwasi”, we will explore the lake in typical rafts of the Amazon rainforest and the trails (paths) around the lake; where we can see the prehistoric bird called Shansho or Hoatzin, capibara and if there is a possibility we can see alligator. Overnight at our hostel called Soga de Oro. Optional night walk (to see arachnids, insects, frogs, snakes, etc).
We left very early in the morning and embarked on a 40-minute boat trip to the parrot clay lick (clay wall), where these birds gather to eat the minerals in the clay to detoxify. Here we can appreciate the activity of the Parrots and Guacamatos up to 6 species using our binoculars and telescopes. After breakfast, we will explore again the trails in search of monkeys and birds and visit the giant tree known as ceiba pentandra, during the exploration of trails (paths) the guide explains about ethnobotany (medicinal plants). After lunch we can go fishing or take a dip in the river. The night is spent at Soga de Oro Lodge. Optional night walk (to see insects, frogs, snakes, etc.)
After breakfast at our lodge we board the boat back to Atalaya, where our bus is waiting. For lovers of flora we can visit the local botanical garden which houses an approximate of 200 species of orchids, we continue with the journey back to Cusco making stops in the Cloud Forest in case of finding animals or birds not seen on the first day . We arrived around 5 in the afternoon, transfer to the hotel.
- Food (3 Breakfast,3 lunch, 3 dinner)
- 3 nights accommodation (bamboo lodge, Golden Soga lodge)
- Snack Tourist transport
- Tourist boat
- Tickets to Cocha Machuwasi
Does not include
- Entrance to the botanical garden
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants
- Huayna Picchu / Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail. We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets.
- Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.