Max. Altitude2980 m
Type of ToursCultural
Description: The Sacred Valley of the Incas was one of the most significant seats of power and also an important buffer zone against incursions from the Antis, a fierce jungle tribe that often assaulted the highlands. Today the Sacred Valley remains a vital agricultural center that provides the city of Cusco with most of its food, especially corn, fruits, and vegetables.
- Tour type: Full-day tour
- Start / end time: pickup is between 08:10 AM – 08:30 AM from your hotel lobby and you should be back by 06:30 PM
- Consideration: remember to bring comfortable walking shoes and water, there will be moderate walking during the tour
- Highlights: visit to the Pisaq market, Pisaq ruins, Ollantaytambo fortress, and Chinchero ruins
In addition to the price of the tour you will need to purchase your own touristic ticket, which costs:
Complete touristic ticket: 130 soles or 70 soles with a student ID (valid for 10 days), recommended for combining both the City and Sacrey Valley tours.
Partial touristic ticket: 70 soles (valid for 2 days), recommended if only doing one of the tours.
The touristic transport will pick you up from your hotel lobby between 08:10 AM – 08:30 AM. We will travel via a road that goes through the mountains to the north of Cusco. During the trip we will pause at the famous Lookout Point that overlooks the entire valley, where our guide will give an explanation of the Sacred Valley’s significance. During the drive you will also be able to see enormous terraces and irrigation channels constructed by the Incas.
We will continue on to the ruins of Pisac, where we can learn many important details about the Inca culture. You will be able to appreciate the magnificent stone edifices and impressive agricultural terraces. After exploring the Pisac ruins we will return to the town of Pisac to visit an artisanal market. You will have some time to shop for souvenirs and walk around the market before we continue on to the town of Urubamba, where we will have lunch at a local restaurant (buffet lunch).
After lunch we will travel alongside the Urubamba river until the town of Ollantaytambo, where we will visit the ruins of the impressive fortress that overlooks this small Inca town, built during the height of the empire’s power. Our last stop is the small town of Chinchero, where you can explore some more ruins and find some souvenirs before returning to Cusco by around 07:00 PM.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Tourist transport
- Professional bilingual guide (English / Spanish)
Does not include
- Cusco Touristic ticket (s/70, valid for 2 days)
- Water and snacks
- Tips (optional)
- Buffet lunch ($10, optional)
- Students: your student ID to be able to obtain discounted tickets
- Light backpack
- Hat for the sun
- Sunblock and sunglasses
- A rain jacket is important, especially in the rainy season (you can also buy a rain poncho
- Personal medication
- Extra cash for lunch and souvenirs
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants Huayna Picchu /
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail.
- We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets. Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.