Max. Altitude5100 m
Type of ToursTrekking
Description: The colorful mountain range known as “Rainbow Mountain” is located in a very remote area of the Andes mountains in the Cusco region. This excursion is perfect for those looking to escape the city and connect with nature while also enjoying the beauty of Andean towns where most of the inhabitants still only speak Quechua, the language of the Incas.
- Tour type: Hiking, adventure, history, and culture
- Starting altitude: 4700 m / 15,419 ft
- Maximum Altitude: 5100 m / 16,732 ft
- Distance Traveled: 12 km
- Start / End time: pickup is between 05:00 – 05:30 AM from your hotel lobby and you should be back by 05:30 PM
- Considerations: remember to bring comfortable walking shoes
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco very early (05:00 AM – 05:30 AM) in our touristic transport and then drive for 2 hours to Cuzipata, where we’ll have a nice breakfast together. We will continue our drive for another hour until the control point (Chilli Wani). During the drive we will pass by beautiful scenery, traditional adobe homes, and herds of alpacas and llamas around Mt. Ausangate (6398 m / 20991 ft), Cusco’s highest mountain. Upon arrival at the control point we will walk uphill for about 2 hours to the Rainbow Mountain lookout point. There is also the option of renting a horse. Once at the top we will be rewarded with breathtaking views of the area while our guide gives a brief explanation. You will then have time to explore and take lots of photos before beginning our descent, and you can also visit the Red Valley. If you wish to return via the Red Valley, our guide will accompany you. We will return to our lunch destination (Cuzipata) and then head back to Cusco, arriving at approx. 05:30 PM.
Note: For pickup, you will need to book a hotel in the historical city center, as most AirBnB’s don’t have a name and/or lack addresses that can be found easily, and many of them are located far away from the city center. Otherwise we can arrange a specific meeting point.
- Pickup from your hotel in Cusco
- Professional bilingual high-mountain guide
- Touristic transport between Cusco and Chilli Wani
- First aid kit
- Return to Cusco
Does not include
- Entrance to Rainbow Mountain (S/ 10.00 soles)
- Entrane to Red Valley (S/10.00 – optional)
- Walking sticks
- Hat for the sun
- Sunblock and sunglasses
- A rain jacket is important, especially in the rainy season (you can also buy a rain poncho)
- Personal medication
- Hiking shoes
- Extra cash
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants Huayna Picchu /
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail.
- We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets. Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.