Max. Altitude4200 m
Type of ToursTrekking
Description: Outsiders offers you the opportunity to practice ecotourism in the mountains as well as at the Humantay and Salkantay glaciers. Get close to nature at a high altitude and experience the wonders of the Andes. Live this unforgettable adventure alongside like-minded explorers who are always searching for a new adventure.
- Tour type: Hiking, adventure, history, and culture
- Starting altitude: 3912m / 12,834 ft
- Maximum Altitude: 4250m / 13,943 ft
- Distance Traveled: 6 km
- Start / End time: pickup is between 05:00 – 05:30 AM from your hotel lobby and you should be back by 06:30 PM
- Considerations: remember to bring comfortable walking shoes
We begin this incredible adventure very early by picking you up from your hotel between 5 and 5:30 am, at which point we will drive 2 hours and 30 minutes to the town of Mollepata, located in the luscious Apurimac river valley. After breakfast and a brief time to fill up on energy we will continue driving for another hour to the town of Soraypampa (3920 m / 12860 ft), where our guide will give a short explanation of the area. We will then begin our ascent to Lake Humantay, located at 4200 m (1380 ft), encountering dramatic views of the Andes along the way. This part of the hike will take about 1 hour and 30 minutes, and at the end you will be able to appreciate the turquoise color of the lake and the splendor of the glacier it proceeds from. After an explanation of the importance of the lake and time to explore, we will head back down to the town of Mollepata where there will be a delicious lunch waiting for us (buffet style). After lunch we’ll get back in the car and drive back to Cusco, arriving between 06:00 and 06:30 PM.
Note: For the early morning pickup, you will need to book a hotel in the historical city center, as most AirBnB’s don’t have a name and/or lack addresses that can be found easily, and many of them are located far away from the city center. Otherwise we can arrange a specific meeting point.
IncludesPickup from your hotel in Cusco
- Professional bilingual high-mountain guide
- Touristic transport between Cusco and Soraypampa
- First aid kit
- Return to Cusco
Does not include
- Entrance to Lake Humantay (S/ 10.00 soles)
- Walking sticks
- Hat for the sun
- Sunblock and sunglasses
- A rain jacket is important, especially in the rainy season (you can also buy a rain poncho)
- Personal medication
- Hiking shoes
- Extra cash
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants Huayna Picchu /
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail.
- We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets. Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.