Max. Altitude3500 m
Type of ToursCultural
Description: Cusco, also known as the “Archaeological Capital of America,” is the historical center of the Incas. The beauty of the city stems from the numerous archaeological sites left by the Inca culture. Its narrow streets are home to temples and palaces that once housed the people who built the Tawantinsuyo, one of the most powerful empires of the in the history of the American continent. Come with us and visit the beautiful cathedral located in the central plaza, the Temple of the Sun, and then we will drive to the city limits to visit the 4 primary Inca ruins, including Sacsayhuamán.
- Tour type: half day excursion
- Start / end time: pickup is between 1:10 and 1:30 PM from your hotel lobby and you should return by 6:30 PM
- Recommendation: wear comfortable walking shoes
- Highlights: Guided tour of the main cathedral, Temple of the Sun (Qoricancha) and fantastic Inca ruins on the outskirts of the city such as: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay.
We will begin the tour picking you up from your hotel at approx. 13:20 and then head to the central plaza, where we will visit the historic cathedral. Then we will walk to Q’oricancha, the Temple of the Sun, located in the center of the city. This temple was a key spiritual center for the Incas.
From Q’oricancha we will walk towards Av. El Sol, where we will board the touristic bus to Sacsayhuaman (approx. 25 minutes away), where you will be able to take in the enigmatic 200 ton stone monoliths.
From there we will take our private bus on a 5 minute drive to Qengo – a sacred amphitheater and center for worship of the Puma god. Next we continue to Puca Pucara – known as the Red Fortress because of the color its stones take on at sunset. Our final destination is the Water Temple of Tambomachay. After visiting these 4 sites our transport will return us to the city center, arriving at approx. 18:30.
Note: for pickup, you will need to book a hotel in the historical city center, as most AirBnB’s don’t have a name and/or lack addresses that can be found easily, and many of them are located far away from the city center. Otherwise we can arrange a specific meeting point.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Professional bilingual guide (English / Spanish)
Does not include
- Entry tickets
- Entrance to Cathedral: 25 soles
- Entrance to Qoricancha: 15 soles
- General touristic pass: 130 soles (valid for 10 days)
- Partial touristic pass: 70 soles (valid for 1 day)
- Water and snacks
- Hat for the sun
- sunscreen and sunglasses
- Rain proof jacket or poncho (during rainy season)
- Personal medications
- Hiking shoes
- Extra cash
- The price is based on double occupancy, includes all taxes and fees.
- Individual occupation available at an additional cost.
- Ask us about special discounts for groups if you travel with 3 or more people
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of our reservation.
- This tour begins in Cusco, the hostel / hotel pickup is included for accommodation located in the center of the city of Cusco.
- The tour has no set exits, you can choose your own start date (subject to availability)
- The name, number, expiration and country of the passport are required at the time of reservation for all participants Huayna Picchu /
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike available at an additional cost.
- $ 20 discount for students with a valid ID card from the university / university You must bring an ID with you on the Inca Trail.
- We take care of all diets, please let us know your diets. Equipment such as trekking poles can be rented at an additional cost.
The Inca Trail is the only tour in Peru that is not reimbursable. Be sure to confirm the correct dates when you make the purchase. As the Inca Trail is regulated by the Ministry of Culture, they do not allow changes in the start date nor give reimbursements, once a permit is acquired, they are not resold.
Read our full terms and conditions here.